2018 Rising Star Nomination Check List:
- Signed and completed nomination form
- Nominee’s vita or resume
- Narrative outlining the nominee’s:
- Professional achievements
- Professional affiliations and recognition
- Civic and humanitarian service
- Honors and awards
- Service to and support of OSU and the College of Education
- Other significant information
- Letters of recommendation (up to five letters of support)
*These supporting documents can be uploaded and attached to the online submission form or sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (send attachments as PDF files). All nominations and supporting documents must be received by December 1, 2017 (for consideration for the 2018 awards). For more information, please call 405.744.3373.
The Rising Star Award recognizes College of Education alumni whose lives and achievements demonstrate promise of future leadership and bring distinction to the college. This award is designated for those who have received their bachelor’s degree at OSU within the past ten years. Please help us in selecting this year’s Oklahoma State University College of Education Rising Star Award winner. The winner will be recognized at the College of Education's annual Hall of Fame banquet.
Criteria for Selection:
- Up to two alumni may be inducted annually. The selection committee may choose also to induct posthumously.
- Nominees must be graduates of the College of Education (COE) at Oklahoma State University (OSU). In very exceptional cases, they may have attended, but not graduated.
- Nominees should have earned their bachelor’s degree within the past 10 years.
- Any individual or group may submit a nomination to April Casiano in the College of Education Dean's Office (Willard 339, Stillwater, OK 74078). Nominations will be solicited from the COE Associates, the COE Alumni Association, and departmental faculty. The College will acknowledge receipt of all nominations in writing.
- Nominees will be judged according to their contributions to society and their professional accomplishments.
- Contributions to the advancement of the COE and service to the COE Alumni Association and COE Associates will be considered.
- Current officers of the COE Alumni Association Board of Directors, officers of the OSU Alumni Association Board of Directors, and the Chair of the COE Associates are not eligible for this award until two years after the completion of their term.
- Persons employed by the OSU COE, members of the OSU Board of Regents, and persons active in positions directly relating to University operations, such as state officials, state legislators, and members of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education are not eligible for this award.
- To receive the award, nominees must agree to attend the ceremony. The Committee may choose an alternate in the event that one of those originally selected cannot attend. (Exceptions may be made at the Dean’s discretion, e.g., illness, infirmity.) In the event the original nominee cannot attend, she/he will be automatically considered the following year.
- Nominations will remain in the nomination pool for three years. After three years, the individual’s nomination must be submitted again.
OSU College of Education - Rising Star Award Winners
Dr. Ric Baser
Dr. Karen Sunday Cockrell
Lyn C. Forester
Dr. Alan R. Foley
Krissy Nicole Pfeider
Dr. Kevin Bradley Kienholz
Amy S. (Alexander) Thompson
Bryan L. Carter
Jill (Ireland) Bloyd
Dr. Michael Bradley
Mrs. Arryn (Stacy) Small
Ms. Diana Bland