- Find Your Major
- Academic Units
- Apply Now
EHA Staff Mentor Award
This award recognizes EHA staff members who have successfully mentored and encouraged colleagues to reach their fullest potential in the College and in their career. This award is intended to emphasize the importance of servant leadership and helping others to achieve their goals. Recipients will receive $500 and recognition at the spring EHA Excellence reception. For more information, please contact EHA Staff Action Team Chair, Kim Lewer 405.744.8022.
- Nominees must be employed by the College of Education, Health and Aviation full-time for one year prior to the deadline for submitting nominations.
- Nominees must not have received the award within the past five years.
The selection committee evaluates on the evidence of the following qualities:
- The nominee’s ongoing service as a mentor, trusted counselor and guide to staff and/or faculty members.
- The nominee’s commitment to fostering the development or encouraging the success of others.
- Evidence of both informal and formal or strategic support for faculty and staff that leads to professional growth, increased effectiveness and/or improved outcomes for the mentee or other populations served.
- The nominee’s personal integrity, high ethical standards and solid commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity.
1. EHA staff, faculty and students may nominate a staff member.
2. An online nomination form and three letters of support must be submitted. Letters of support should summarize the extent to which the nominee meets the award criteria. Letters of support must be uploaded and attached to the online nomination form.
3. Nominations and nomination materials received after March 31 will not be considered.
Review and selection process
Nominees are evaluated by an EHA Staff Action Team subcommittee. The subcommittee is not bound to select a recipient each year if nominees do not demonstrate the goals as established within the criteria. The chair of the EHA Staff Action Team will appoint the subcommittee chair and the subcommittee will consist of the following:
- EHA Staff Action Team subcommittee chair
- Two EHA staff members
- One former EHA staff award recipient
- Two EHA Leadership Team members or designees
- Sue Goad 2017-2018