- Find Your Major
- Academic Units
- Apply Now
2019 Rising Star Nomination Check List:
- Signed and completed nomination form
- Nominee’s vita or resume
- Narrative outlining the nominee’s:
- Professional achievements
- Professional affiliations and recognition
- Civic and humanitarian service
- Honors and awards
- Service to and support of OSU and the College of Education, Health and Aviation
- Other significant information
- Letters of recommendation (up to five letters of support)
*These supporting documents can be uploaded and attached to the online submission form or sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (send attachments as PDF files). All nominations and supporting documents must be received by Nov. 1, 2018 (for consideration for the 2019 awards). For more information, please call 405.744.3373.
The Rising Star Award recognizes College of Education, Health and Aviation alumni whose lives and achievements demonstrate promise of future leadership and bring distinction to the college. This award is designated for those who have received a degree at OSU within the past ten years. Please help us in selecting this year’s Oklahoma State University College of Education, Health and Aviation Rising Star Award winner. The winner will be recognized at the College of Education, Health and Aviation's annual Hall of Fame banquet.
Criteria for Selection:
- Up to two alumni may be inducted annually. The selection committee may choose also to induct posthumously.
- Nominees must be graduates of Oklahoma State University (OSU). In very exceptional cases, they may have attended, but not graduated.
- Nominees should have earned their degree within the past 10 years.
- Any individual or group may submit a nomination to April Casiano in the College of Education, Health and Aviation Dean's Office (Willard 339, Stillwater, OK 74078). Nominations will be solicited from the EHA Associates, the EHA Alumni Association and departmental faculty. The College will acknowledge receipt of all nominations in writing.
- Nominees will be judged according to their contributions to society and their professional accomplishments.
- Contributions to the advancement of the EHA and service to the EHA Alumni Association and EHA Associates will be considered.
- Current officers of the EHA Alumni Association Board of Directors, officers of the OSU Alumni Association Board of Directors and the Chair of the EHA Associates are not eligible for this award until two years after the completion of their term.
- Persons employed by the OSU EHA, members of the OSU Board of Regents and persons active in positions directly relating to University operations, such as state officials, state legislators and members of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education are not eligible for this award.
- To receive the award, nominees must agree to attend the ceremony. The Committee may choose an alternate in the event that one of those originally selected cannot attend. (Exceptions may be made at the Dean’s discretion, e.g., illness, infirmity.) In the event the original nominee cannot attend, she/he will be automatically considered the following year.
- Nominations will remain in the nomination pool for three years. After three years, the individual’s nomination must be submitted again.
|1999||Dr. Ric Baser|
|2000||Dr. Karen Sunday Cockrell|
|2001||Lyn C. Forester|
|2002||Dr. Alan R. Foley|
|2003||Krissy Nicole Pfeider and Dr. Kevin Bradley Kienholz|
|2004||Donielle Larison and Piyush Patel|
|2005||Amy S. (Alexander) Thompson|
|2007||Bryan L. Carter|
|2010||Jill (Ireland) Bloyd|
|2012||Joey Graham and Stephen Graham|
|2013||Dr. Michael Bradley and Dustin Devers|
|2014||Mrs. Arryn (Stacy) Small|
|2016||Ms. Diana Bland|