The applicant must:
- Have obtained an associate degree/diploma in nursing from an accredited program/school
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in all college course work
- Hold a current and unrestricted license as a registered nurse in Oklahoma or designated state of residence in the U.S. (list license number on RN to BSN program application)
Students may apply to the program prior to completing their prerequisites; however, students are required to complete their prerequisites prior to starting the BSN courses with the exception of the D and I credit courses. These prerequisites are required as part of degree completion.
Acceptance into the program without full completion of application materials and prerequisites will be provisional. The terms of provisional acceptance will be outlined in the student’s acceptance letter. Students who fail to meet the provisional acceptance terms will forfeit their seat in the program and will need to reapply for consideration for subsequent terms.
Class size will be limited; therefore, additional consideration may be given to GPA, Science GPA and additional criteria established by the selection committee.
OSU RN to BSN Applicant Checklist
- Oklahoma State University- Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma State University- Institute of Technology
- Tulsa Community College
- Redlands Community College
- Northern Oklahoma College
Nursing students from OSU-OKC and OSU-IT will be granted provisional acceptance to the program and, upon meeting the eligibility requirements, will attain full acceptance. Priority will be given to any eligible RN who has graduated from either OSU-OKC or OSU-IT.
How to Apply
The application portal is now open for the RN to BSN program. Apply now and select the transfer option to begin the online application. Do not pay the application fee until you receive notice of admission to the RN to BSN program. Once you are admitted to the program, a link will be provided on your status portal to pay the $40 application fee.
The deadline to receive all materials for consideration are listed below:
Term Deadline Notification of Acceptance Summer 2018 March 1 Mid-March Fall 2018 May 1 Mid-May Spring 2019 Sept. 1 Mid-Sept.
- Submit the following application materials to:
Oklahoma State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
219 Student Union
Stillwater, OK 74078
Official college transcript(s)
- OSU accepts official transcripts delivered electronically from the institution or by mail in a sealed envelope from the institution. Applications submitted without an official transcript from each institution attended will not be considered.
All applicants are reviewed by a selection committee. Once the applicant has been admitted to the RN to BSN program, they will be notified.