CERE Core Functions
• Support Student and Faculty Research
CERE is a consultation center that provides: 1) direct consultation services (e.g. research and evaluation design, statistical analyses, psychometrics) to support faculty
and student research and evaluation; 2) tutoring services and instructional modules focusing on new and emerging methodologies to supplement current coursework; and 3) professional development to upgrade skills and knowledge of faculty members.
• Support grant evaluation activity
CERE provides external grant and contract evaluation services in two ways:
1) to assist OSU principle investigators develop technically sound evaluation plans to enhance the competiveness of grants developed and submitted in the college and other units on campus; and 2) develop, implement, and staff evaluation activities during the conduct of funded programs.
• Support primary grant activity
CERE will provide primary investigators for grants and produce to compete for funding to carry out strategic its grant-development efforts.
• Support evaluation in Oklahoma Schools
CERE provides leadership in the development of effective evaluation and
accountability models for K-12 education. Associated activities include:
• Provide teacher and administrator professional development and in-service in:
• Research-based accountability models
• Interpreting standardized test data
• Assist schools/districts in areas such as:
• Student and teacher evaluation
• Implementing best practice assessment/accountability
• Serve as a resource to state agencies in areas such as:
• Conducting educational assessment and evaluation research
• Using data to make decisions about students, programs and policies