Higher Education and Student Affairs Graduate Degrees
M.S. in Higher Education Administration
This degree is designed to prepare students for entry level and mid level management position at public and private colleges and universities.
The program is intended to provide maximum flexibility in meeting the specific needs of staff in their current positions and to contribute to their professional mobility and development in Higher Education.
M.S. in College Student Development
Oklahoma State University offers a Master’s degree with an emphasis in College Student Development for individuals who desire a career in student services.
The goal of the program is to develop leaders who
- balance theory, research, and practice in postsecondary education,
- possess a broad understanding of postsecondary education,
- conduct scholarly research, and
- contribute to the development of the profession.
Students in the OSU College Student Development program learn from faculty including academics and full-time student services administrators.
For more than 45 years, we have been placing our graduates in student services positions at colleges and universities across North America. OSU alumni are recognized as some of the most talented student affairs professionals in the United States.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; however, preference for graduate assistantship positions will be given to those candidates who submit completed applications by January 31.
Ph.D. Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
The Higher Education option for the Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies is a research-focused degree that:
- prepares individuals to contribute to the field of higher education as administrators, scholars, or policy analysts.
- prepares individuals who can use existing theory and research to enhance administrative practice.
Through their coursework and dissertation, students develop and use the skills necessary to conduct research exploring historic, contemporary, and/or emerging issues in higher education policy and practice.