- Find Your Major
- Academic Units
- Apply Now
Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies: Higher Education
The Ph.D. is a research-focused degree designed to prepare individuals to contribute to the field of higher education as administrators, scholars or policy analysts. The focus is on the preparation of individuals who can use existing theory and research to enhance administrative practice. Students develop skills necessary to conduct research exploring historic, contemporary and/or emerging issues in higher education policy and practice.
Dr. Steve Wanger / Program Coordinator
Doctoral and International Programs
405-744-3982 / email@example.com
DEADLINE: March 15
Annually for admittance for the following Fall.
If there are sufficient numbers of qualified students, it is the intent of the program faculty to start doctoral rotations in the Higher Education & Student Affairs Ph.D. program every three years in Oklahoma City and in Stillwater as needed. Internationally-based Ph.D. cohorts will be announced as available.
Students in a particular location who are interested in starting their degrees outside this rotation may seek admission and take courses at another location.
The application process requires two steps:
1) Graduate College Application
- Visit https://app.it.okstate.edu/gradcollege/
- Complete the online application to the Graduate College.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions attended.
2) Program Application
- Visit HERE for the Application Information Packet.
- Current academic vita/resume
- Career objective essay (1-2 pages, double spaced)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Critical Issue Essay (1-2 pages, double spaced)
- Official score less than 5 years old from one of the following: (1) the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) verbal, quantitative and writing sections, (2) the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), (3) the Graduate Management Analogies Test (GMAT) or (4) the Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Interview: The program faculty may request an interview with applicants.