- Find Your Major
- Academic Units
- Apply Now
Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies: Higher Education
The Ph.D. is a research-focused degree designed to prepare individuals to contribute to the field of higher education as administrators, scholars or policy analysts. The focus is on the preparation of individuals who can use existing theory and research to enhance administrative practice. Students develop skills necessary to conduct research exploring historic, contemporary and/or emerging issues in higher education policy and practice.
ADMISSIONS QUESTIONS & DEGREE INFORMATION
Dr. Steve Wanger / Program Coordinator, Doctoral and International Programs
405-744-3982 / email@example.com
The deadline for applications to the Ph.D. program is April 1 for the following fall semester.
If there are sufficient numbers of qualified students, it is the intent of the program faculty to start doctoral rotations in the Higher Education & Student Affairs Ph.D. program every three years in Oklahoma City and in Stillwater as needed. Internationally-based Ph.D. cohorts will be announced as available.
Students in a particular location who are interested in starting their degrees outside this rotation may seek admission and take courses at another location; consultation with a faculty advisor is strongly encouraged.
The application process requires two steps:
1) Graduate College Application
- Visit https://gradcollege.okstate.edu/apply/index.html
- Complete the online application to the Graduate College.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions attended.
2) Program Application
- Current academic resume
- Link to the attached revised application packet for the HERE link
- Career objectives and personal goals essay (1-2 pages, double spaced)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions attended
- Official scores less than 5 years old from one of the following: (1) the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) verbal, quantitative and writing sections, (2) the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), (3) the Graduate Management Analogies Test (GMAT) or (4) the Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Optional: Academic writing sample
- Interview: The program faculty may request an interview with applicants.
Visit HERE for the Application Information Packet