- Find Your Major
- Academic Units
- Apply Now
M.S. in Educational Leadership Studies: Higher Education
Master of Science (M.S.) in Educational Leadership Studies (Higher Education): The M.S. degree is designed to prepare students for entry level and mid level management positions at public and private colleges and universities. In addition, the program is intended to provide maximum flexibility in meeting the specific needs of staff in their current positions and to contribute to their professional mobility and development in higher education.
Application materials must be received
at least six weeks prior to the desired
start of coursework.
The application process requires steps:
1) Graduate College Application
- Visit https://app.it.okstate.edu/gradcollege/
- Complete the online application to the Graduate College.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions attended.
2) Program Application
- Visit HERE for the Application Information Packet.
- Current academic resume.
- Career objective essay (2-3 pages, double spaced)
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Critical Issue Essay (2-3 pages, double spaced)
- Two examples of written work.
- Interview: The program faculty may request an interview with applicants.
Please consult the Application Information Packet for additional details on these documents.