- Find Your Major
- Academic Units
- Apply Now
The student teaching abroad experience is a 15-week long internship in schools abroad that fulfills the student teaching requirement for graduation and recommendation for certification at Oklahoma State University. Student teaching abroad, including experiences in Mexico, offers an opportunity for preservice teachers to learn how to teach while providing them with an opportunity to broaden their perspectives on education, culture, and language. It also provides an opportunity for students to develop cross-cultural competence, work with diverse learners, and acquire global skills. Students also have the opportunity to travel and explore their host country as well as neighboring ones.
Continue below to learn more about Mexico and this particular internship.
Fall 2018 Deadline: October 1st 2017
Spring 2019 Deadline: March 1st 2018
Learn more about Mexico
How to apply
- Application Process
- International Clinical Practice
- Application Form
- Create an online Study Abroad Application
- Memorandum of understanding (MOU)
- Letter of intent
- Humphreys Travel Grant
- David Elroy Phillips Family Endowed Scholarship
- Katie Womack Memorial Scholarship
- EHA Scholarships
- Other Scholarships
Useful Websites in Mexico
- 9 Foods to try in Puebla
- 7 incredible places in Puebla
- Celebrating Día de los Muertos in Puebla
- Currency Converter
- Rome2Rio is a multimodal transportation search engine usual for both international and local planning.
- Puebla News is Puebla’s first English news website.
- U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Mexico
- Google Translate
- Duolingo is a free online language-learning app.
- Mango Languages is an online language-learning system provided by the OSU Edmon Low Library. It teaches conversation skills and has modules with exercises to help learners develop their languages skills and practice at their own pace.
- Babbel is a free online language-learning tool.
- UPAEP offers Spanish as a Second Language classes.