- Find Your Major
- Academic Units
- Apply Now
Living Learning Program
The Education, Health and Aviation Living Learning Program (LLP) is a residential community for new freshmen with a declared major in the College of Education, Health and Aviation (EHA). Located on the 2nd floor of West University Commons, the LLP focuses on proudly preparing leaders who power a better educated, healthier and more accessible world through designed and strategic opportunities for learning and engagement.
- Meet and become friends with other students in EHA
- Interact outside of class with EHA faculty and staff
- Have a peer mentor from EHA who has been successful as a new student
- Be part of events and activities hosted by EHA
- Participate in experiences that increase knowledge, health and perspectives
- Develop leadership potential and explore leadership opportunities in EHA and beyond
- Learn about campus resources for academic success
- Develop strategies to assist in personal and professional growth
New freshmen with a declared major in the College of Education, Health and Aviation are eligible to apply.
Selected residents are expected to be actively involved in the program by participating in program activities/events and by consistently striving to enhance the LLP experience both for the community and self through commitment to program and individual goals. Education, Health and Aviation LLP residents must also agree to the following items:
- Be enrolled in the College of Education, Health and Aviation for the entire academic year and maintain a minimum 3.0 institutional GPA for the 2019 fall semester.
- Live on the Education, Health and Aviation LLP floor in West University Commons, and abide by the requirements for living in an OSU residence hall as established by OSU Housing and Residential Life.
- Commit to being an active and participative Education, Health and Aviation LLP community member.
- Make academics and personal development, especially in the areas of new learning, health, and broader perspectives, a high priority.
- Develop leadership potential and life plans through the activities on campus and through the Education, Health and Aviation LLP.
- Commit to being respectful of others and responsible for choices of attitude and action.
- Agree to the $50 Education, Health and Aviation LLP participation fee and understand that, if selected, this participation fee will be placed on the August University Bursar bill and will need to be paid at that time. (Education, Health and Aviation LLP is an additional fee, separate from students’ Housing and Residential Life contract deposit.)
Non-compliance with the above requirements and expectations or with Housing and Residential Life policies is reason for expulsion from the Education, Health and Aviation LLP and forced relocation to another campus residence hall.
How to apply:
After you have been accepted to OSU, you can submit the Education, Health and Aviation LLP online application through your admissions portal starting October 1st. The priority deadline for submitting the application is February 1st. Students must also submit the Housing Application (available December 1st) to complete their housing contract. Residents are selected based on an application review process. Space is limited, so apply early!