- Academic Units
Recreation Management/Recreational Therapy Scholarships
The scholarships listed below are the scholarships that are focused on the Recreation Management/Recreational Therapy program. Additional scholarships are available through the School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology, the College of Education and the University.
To apply for Leisure Studies, School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology, and College of Education go to http://www.okstate.edu/education/scholarships/index.html.
To apply for University scholarships go to http://www.okstate.edu/finaid/scholarships/index.html.
Jordan Family Scholarship
Undergraduate / Graduate -
- Must be enrolled as a full-time senior or graduate student in the COE at OSU
- Must be pursuing a degree in Leisure Studies
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have exemplified himself/herself through service to persons with disabilities
- While employment history may be considered, the primary focus of this award should be volunteer activities and prior activities that exceed the normal expectations of the job
- A student may be awarded this scholarship only once during his/her academic career.
Martha Jordan Endowed Scholarship
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in Therapeutic Recreation.
- Must be beginning their junior internship in the area of Child Life. Must have a 2.75 or higher GPA. Selection preference shall be given to a student applying for a junior internship in child life. If no applicant meets the Child Life criteria, then preference shall be given to a student majoring in Therapeutic Recreation and applying for an internship working with children with disabilities. Further preference shall be given to those students with demonstrated leadership activities and service within the Leisure Studies program, services to/for children with special needs and the Therapeutic Recreation Association of Oklahoma.
Patricia Cornforth Scholarship
- Awarded to a student in Therapeutic Recreation
- Student must display sensitivity and compassion in working with older persons
- Student must either be taking or have taken pre-internship seminars to be awarded this scholarship prior to their internship
- Students applying should make sure their goals statement includes information demonstrating how they have displayed sensitivity and compassion to older persons through leisure: and how they have promoted leisure as a part of lifelong learning to older persons.
Charles A. "Adam" Esslinger Outdoor Recreation Fellowship
- Must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student in Applied Health and Educational Psychology with an emphasis in Outdoor Recreation
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have demonstrated an experiential involvement with nature and a desire to develop an involvement in outdoor recreation and/or outdoor education
- Must be will to be interviewed if the fellowship panel so desires
Valerie Colvin Scholarship Award
- Student who has completed their junior year
- Enrolled in a program of professional preparation in health or physical education or recreation offered by SAHEP
Pauline Winter Endowed Professional Scholarship
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in the COE
- Must be classified as a sophomore, junior or senior
- Must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Must demonstrate involvement in the professional clubs and activities and demonstrate a commitment to the field
- Should be able to articulate their future professional goals and how they will contribute to the profession
Christine Cashel Endowed Professional Scholarship
Graduate / Undergraduate -
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in the COE at OSU
- Must be a Leisure Studies major
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must have demonstrated leadership potential trough either their involvement in the Leisure Studies program and/or profession. Recipient should be able to articulate their future professional goals and how they will contribute to the profession
In addition to college and program scholarships, University scholarships are also available, to apply, to go http://www.okstate.edu/finaid/