- Find Your Major
- Academic Units
- Apply Now
Research Support Services
We facilitate and provide administrative oversight for research and grant issues. Additionally, we support the preparation of applications for external funds to support research and for post-award administrative activities.
Key things to keep in mind when considering submitting a grant proposal.
- All funding from outside sources must go through the grants/contracts routing process. Individual faculty may not directly submit a proposal to a funding agency.
- Faculty are encouraged to notify the grant manager that they are working on submitting a proposal. The grant manager will then pull the current request for proposal (RFP) and go over the RFP to make sure they are up-to-date on issues that might impact either the budget or the documents required for a complete submission.
- Once you have visited with the grant manager, he/she will create a template that fits the budget requirements for your particular grant. The grant manager will customize your budget to your requirements and help with your budget justification/narrative document. The minimum required for routing is a final budget, final budget narrative and draft project summary (less than one page). More documents may be required depending on the requirements of the RFP. Your budget should be finalized NO LESS THAN ONE FULL WEEK before the grant submission deadline.
- The routing process requires that your final grant budget and budget justification/narrative document be routed NO LESS THAN ONE FULL WEEK before the grant submission deadline. More time will be needed if the proposal includes subcontractors, cost share and/or other college personnel. No edits to the budget or the budget narrative may be made once the routing has begun.
General Support Information:
Conflict of Interest DisclosureConflict of Interest (COI) disclosures are required to be done annually by all eligible EHA employees, including faculty, staff and students involved in directing research activities. The EHA Research Administration Office facilitates this process. Annual disclosure must be on file before any proposals or research activities may be started. The University COI policy and required forms are available here https://research.okstate.edu/compliance/coi/forms-and-documents.html. Forward your online form for college COI review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research ComplianceThe EHA Research Office assists faculty, students and staff in obtaining the necessary routing approvals to ensure compliance with federal, state and University regulations governing the responsible conduct of research.
Responsible Conduct of Research:All OSU personnel including faculty, staff and students who are involved in the undertaking of research are required to be trained in the Responsible Conduct of Research. Follow the University’s direction on complying with this requirement. https://research.okstate.edu/compliance/rcr/training.html
Institutional Review Board (IRB):
For research involving human subjects, please refer to the IRB Office (https://irb.okstate.edu/) for information regarding required investigator training and application forms. Applications require the signatures of the PI(s) of the research and the PIs' advisor, if they are students.
Collected F&A Distribution
The College of Education, Health and Aviation currently receives 45% of the facilities and administrative costs (F&A) recovered from Sponsored Programs collected by the University. The university’s cognizant federal agency for F&A rate negotiation and agreement is the Office of Naval Research (ONR).
- EHA Proposal Request Form
- Research Handbook
- EHA Research Software
- University Research Services
- University Research Compliance
- Vice President for Research
- Strategic Proposal Development
- Technology Development Center
EHA Research Contact Information:
EHA Research Administration
335 Willard Hall
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078