Individual Department of Nutritional Sciences faculty members hire master’s and doctoral students for quarter-time or half-time graduate research assistantships as research funds become available. Both current and prospective graduate students are considered for open positions. Students may combine a quarter-time research assistantship with a quarter-time teaching assistantship in order to be eligible for the tuition waiver. At the fall Graduate Student Orientation, faculty members review their current research which ranges across the continuum of research settings.
If interested in a research assistantship:
- Review faculty specializations to identify areas of interest.
- Review faculty profiles for the information that their publications will provide.
- Contact individual faculty members about their research work and available funds.
- Prospective students may make arrangements through the graduate coordinator to visit
OSU and the department and talk to research faculty.
Email Dr. Deana Hildebrand
- Applicants should be prepared to discuss their own research capabilities, interests and experience.
- Ph.D. applicants must identify a research advisor to be fully admitted.
The department hires OSU graduate students to serve as quarter-time or half-time Graduate Teaching Assistants for undergraduate courses during the fall and spring semesters. These decisions are made through an application process and offers are made by August for the current academic year. The department head makes the final decision on appointments.
Additional OSU Assistantships
Department of Nutritional Sciences graduate students may also be hired for assistantship positions in other areas on campus, including: