Publications and presentations
- Dr. Tonya Hammer gave her talk, Taking a Look in the Mirror: Body Image from Personal to Professional, for the OSU-Tulsa Library’s Faculty Research Excellence Series in Tulsa, OK on April 18, 2018. The talk featured Dr. Hammer’s personal and professional interests in body image and disordered eating.
- Ashley Hadwiger presented her study, Body Image as Related to Individual Wellness, at the 64th Annual Southwestern Psychological Association in Houston, TX on April 15, 2018.
- Ashley Hadwiger and Kathy Kavanagh presented their poster, Addressing Physical and Emotional Functioning in College Students: Exploring Gender Differences in Body Image Distress on November 2, 2018.
Current research projects
- Body image concerns as related to mental and physical well-being
- Body positivity and cosplay
- Disordered eating in gender diverse young adults
- Understanding body image concerns, binge eating disorder and body dysmorphic disorder in female college students