Willard Hall Scheduling Guidelines
Use of public space which does not involve regular classroom instruction or assignment by the College of Education and Human Sciences must be scheduled through the College of Education and Human Sciences representative in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Designated areas of Willard Hall may be scheduled for functions that are consistent with the purposes of the university and do not unnecessarily interfere with or disrupt regularly scheduled classes or the primary functions of the college.
- Events may not be scheduled during official university holidays, when facilities are closed or without special permission from the College of Education and Human Sciences.
- Removal or rearrangement of furniture will not be permitted in Willard Hall. The furniture must stay where it is. Additional furnishings may not be brought into the facility without the expressed approval and arrangement of the College of Education and Human Sciences. The party reserving the room is responsible for ordering any additional furniture. This can be done through OSU Facilities Management. If the furniture is moved, your account will be charged to have the furniture moved back into place.
- The party reserving the room is responsible for ordering any refreshments that are required. When an event requiring refreshments is held, the party reserving the room is responsible for disposing of all food and paper products before leaving. These rooms are open until 10 p.m. daily for use by others.
- Dances, parties, DJs or bands will not be permitted in Willard Hall. The use of facilities will normally be restricted to receptions, speakers, lectures and special meetings.
- Absolutely NO alcohol is permitted in or around Willard Hall or as part of a scheduled event. Tobacco use is prohibited anywhere on campus, including in and around Willard Hall. OSU is a tobacco free campus.
- For fire safety, open candle flames will not be permitted; they must be properly enclosed in containers that cover the flames and collect drippings. Fireworks of any type are prohibited in or around Willard Hall.
- The use of rice, seeds, bubbles, confetti, smoke/haze machines or other materials, which may cause damage or extraordinary cleaning, will not be permitted in the building or on the terrace.
- The event sponsor or responsible party (faculty or staff representative in the case of a student organization) shall be held responsible for any damages to the scheduled facilities or for any extraordinary cleaning required.
- Event display signs (located in the Willard lobby) are for College of Education and Human Sciences staff use ONLY. They are NOT to be used by others or moved from their locations at any time or for any event.
Designated Public Spaces in Willard Hall
- Willard Living Room
- East Parlor
- Other areas which may be designated by the College of Education and Human Sciences
Please contact Meetings and Conference Services at 405-744-5232 or email@example.com for Willard Lawn rental. The College of Education and Human Sciences is not responsible for events on the lawn.
Willard Piano Policy
The Grand Piano in the Willard Living Room of the College of Education and Human Sciences is available for use on special occasions. The piano is available as part of the rental agreement for special events. To arrange for use of the piano, contact the College of Education and Human Sciences representatives.
The College of Education and Human Sciences periodically will have the piano tuned as deemed necessary, so the piano should be in good tune at all times. The piano is not to be moved from its permanent location in Willard Living Room.
The piano is locked at all times to prevent damage. To check out the key for the piano or to schedule a practice session with the grand piano, please contact the College of Education and Human Sciences representative weekdays between 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m. The key may be checked out the day of the event unless other arrangements are made with the college representative.
Upon completion of your function, lock the piano and put the key in the drop box located outside the west front door of Willard or return the key to the college representative. If the piano is damaged while you are renting it, repairs will be made and you will be responsible for those charges.
Willard Key Policy
For weekend or after-hours events, keys will be checked out to our facilities. Keys will only be checked out from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4 p.m. and may be picked up the day of an after-hours event or the Friday before a weekend event. Come to 330 Willard Hall to check out keys. After your event, keys must be put in the drop box located outside the west front door of Willard or returned to 330 Willard Hall the following business day.