Mission, Goals and Outcomes
Our mission is to prepare nurses to practice professional nursing that meets the dynamic health care needs of individuals, families, groups, communities and global populations. Faculty facilitate the education of students in the art and science of nursing to provide leadership with an emphasis on ethics, wellness, cultural competency, population-based and professional inter-collaborative practice.
BSN Program Goals
- Maintain accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Sustain an interdisciplinary BSN program across academic units using a variety of evidenced-based and effective instructional strategies and activities.
- Strive for an 80% completion rate after three years enrollment in the BSN Program.
- Attain at least an 80% employment rate of graduates within 12 months of graduation.
- Achieve scores at or above the national mean on NCLEX-RN licensure exam pass rate for first-time test takers.
BSN Program Outcomes
- Integrate knowledge of the humanities, natural sciences and social sciences in the practice of professional nursing.
- Provide person centered care that is holistic, compassionate and evidence based; involves patients in decision-making; is coordinated and promotes optimal health and health equity.
- Cultivate a professional identity based on nursing values, ethics and standards of nursing practice.
- Explore methods of care coordination within systems of health care to promote safe, quality, equitable care to diverse individuals and populations.
- Participate in interprofessional collaboration and communication effectively to promote optimal care of individuals, families and populations.
- Examine appropriate use of communication and information technology to optimize health outcomes.
- Apply principles of wellness and disease management in planning and coordinating measures to improve health outcomes of individuals and populations.
- Use principles of quality and safety to enhance quality of care and assure patient safety.
- Employ best practices in nursing to improve health outcomes and decrease health disparities.
- Engage in activities that promote professional development, well-being, lifelong learning, leadership and scholarship.