Professional Pilot Advisory Board
This board provides aerospace/aviation industry consultation to our undergraduate professional pilot degree option. Board members provide feedback based on their industry experiences in the following areas of academic/student review:
- Industry evaluation of our professional pilot curriculum, including a review of the academic degree sheet, required courses and associated course learning objectives.
- Advisement in revising and/or creating professional pilot coursework – As the aerospace/aviation industry continually evolves, revising existing curriculum and/or creating new curriculum is necessary to ensure the professional pilot undergraduate student has required the academic skill set, upon graduation, to successfully compete for employment in the aerospace/aviation industry, with special attention to the air carrier industry.
- Employment deficiencies of professional pilot management hires – To successfully prepare the professional pilot student for professional placement in the aerospace/aviation industry, it is extremely helpful to receive continual feedback from industry professionals regarding specific knowledge deficiencies of college graduates from collegiate aviation institutions.
CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS
- Rick Gladden, Director of Flight Operations/Chief Pilot for Chandler, Inc. (retired)
- Jared Jacobs, Textron Aviation
- John James, Captain for UPS
- Gregory Lang, Captain for Delta Air Lines
- Mike McEllhiney, Senior Captain for Virgin American Airlines
- Mike Mitchell, FedEx Express
- Ken Moffer, Captain for United Airlines, ALPA MEC Uniform Committee Chairman and OSU ACE Program Sponsor
- Michael Reskovac, Captain for Southwest Airlines
- Peter Rusy, Captain for United Airlines