Developing Intercultural Competence through International Travel
The College of Education and Human Sciences invites its students to explore the rich culture, vibrant landscapes, and incredible hospitality of Costa Rica during this 9-day, Spring Break travel course. While traversing bustling cities, pristine beaches and dense, tropical rain forests, you’ll discover “Pura Vida”, a Costa Rican expression that perfectly captures the island nation’s unique, cultural identity. Enjoy local cuisine, relaxing accommodations, and a wide-variety of guided excursions, all selected to awaken your senses and ignite your passion for world travel. This course is designed to help develop your self-awareness and understanding of the influence of culture on behavior, values, and beliefs. Additionally, you’ll gain valuable knowledge, skills, and perspectives about international travel, making global opportunities a more accessible and enticing part of your bright ORANGE future.
Note: Education majors interested in pursuing an International Teaching Internship in Costa Rica are encouraged, but not required, to participate in this travel course as a preview their eventual semester-abroad destination.
- Participation is limited to students pursuing degrees in the College of Education and Human Sciences
- Early Bird discounts, scholarships and payment plans available
- $1,000 discount for the first 15 EHS students who register
- Watch a video from this travel course, created by an OSU student-participant
- Registration Deadline: Dec. 6, 2021