Staff Awards Nomination Form
Morsani Staff Service Award
This award recognizes CEHS staff members’ exceptional level of loyal service to the College of Education and Human Sciences. This award is intended to emphasize the importance of service, leadership and commitment to OSU. Recipients will receive $500 and recognition at the spring CEHS Excellence Reception. The recipient will also serve as a nominee for the OSU University Service Award.
- Staff Mentor Award
This award recognizes CEHS staff members who have successfully mentored and encouraged colleagues to reach their fullest potential in the college and in their career. This award is intended to emphasize the importance of servant leadership and helping others to achieve their goals. Recipients will receive $500 and recognition at the spring CEHS Excellence Reception.
- Staff Creativity & Innovation Award
This award recognizes CEHS staff members whose big ideas and creative thinking help address challenges in the college. This award is intended to emphasize the importance of innovation, collaboration and creativity. Recipient will receive $500 and recognition at the spring CEHS Excellence Reception.
- Staff Star Award
This award recognizes CEHS staff members who are considered all around stars by their department as well as to those outside their immediate work group. Two Star awards will be awarded; one to a nonexempt (hourly) staff member and one to an exempt (salaried) staff member. Recipients will receive $500 and recognition at the spring CEHS Excellence Reception.
- Nominees must be employed by the College of Education and Human Sciences full-time for one year prior to the deadline for submitting nominations.
- Nominees must not have received the award within the past five years.
The selection committee evaluates on the evidence of the following qualities:
- The nominee’s ongoing service as an administrative star and trusted staff member.
- The nominee’s commitment to fostering the development or encouraging the success of others.
- Evidence of both informal and formal or strategic support for faculty and staff that leads to professional growth, increased effectiveness and/or improved outcomes for the mentee or other populations served.
- The nominee’s personal integrity, high ethical standards and solid commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity.
- CEHS staff, faculty and students may nominate a staff member.
- An online nomination form and one letter of support from someone other than the nominator must be submitted. Letter of support should summarize the extent to which the nominee meets the award criteria and must be uploaded and attached to the online nomination form.
- Nominations and nomination materials received after March 15th will not be considered.
Review and Selection Process
Nominees are evaluated by Staff Awards Subcommittee and the Staff Administrative Council. The subcommittee is not bound to select a recipient each year if nominees do not demonstrate the goals as established within the criteria.