Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University


Prospective Students

  • Who should I contact for more information about the graduate degrees in REMS at OSU?
  • M.S., REMS:
  • Ph.D., REMS:
  • If you have a specific research interest, please see the REMS Faculty web page to contact the professor directly.

Does REMS offer online classes?

  • Some beginning courses are taught in an online format In general, students should plan to complete most of their coursework in traditional face to face courses.

Where are the courses offered for the Ph.D. program?

  • Many core REMS courses are offered both in Stillwater and in Tulsa. There are REMS faculty at the OSU Stillwater and OSU Tulsa locations, full-time. Advanced courses are primarily offered at the Stillwater location on a rotation schedule. See the REMS course rotation (PDF) for more information.

Can I complete the Ph.D. in Tulsa?

  •  Yes. There are many full-time and non-traditional students who complete their degree who live in Tulsa. These students should expect to travel to Stillwater one or two days a week during some semesters.

Where can I find information about cost of attendance for graduate students at OSU?

  • Information about the cost of attendance at OSU, including a tuition and cost of living calculator, can be found here.

What types of financial aid or other assistance are available for REMS graduate students?

  • General information about financial aid and scholarship at OSU is available on-line.Graduate students are eligible for several types of financial assistance:
  • Student loans:  OSU graduate students are eligible for need based, non-need based, and other loans. These loans are available federally or privately. More information about graduate student loans at OSU can be found here.
  • Scholarships:  OSU and the College of Education offer scholarships to support students pursuing degrees in our program.  OSU-Tulsa also offers scholarships for students enrolled through OSU-Tulsa.  New students are eligible to apply for scholarships in their first year;  for fullest consideration, please submit the application for admission to the degree program, as well as the College of Education’s scholarship application and/or the OSU-Tulsa scholarship application, by February 1.
  • Graduate assistantships are also available for students at the Master’s and Doctoral level. All graduate assistantships provide a monthly stipend as well as tuition and health insurance.  Students on a graduate assistantship are responsible for paying all student fees. 

What is a graduate assistant?

  • A graduate assistant serves a support role for OSU faculty or administrators while completing their post-graduate education. A graduate assistant can assist with instructional responsibilities as a graduate teaching assistant (GTA) or with research responsibilities as a graduate research assistant (GRA). REMS Graduate Assistants may also be funded through the Center for Educational Research and Evaluation  (CERE). Graduate assistants can also be employed by other university departments across campus (such as residence life or academic advising) in an entry-level capacity. Assistantships provide practical experience for graduate students, thus increasing their future employment options.

Are graduate assistantships available for REMS students?

  • Yes. Assistantships may be offered through the Provost’s Office, the Vice-President for Student Affairs Office, REMS and CERE. Occasionally, assistantships will be offered through other offices on campus and/or through OSU-Tulsa. It is the intent of the REMS faculty to provide assistantships to full-time students not otherwise employed, but funding is not guaranteed.

How will I apply for an assistantship?

  • Students who are interested in applying for an assistantship through the REMS Program should contact the program coordinator  to express their interest. Those interested in an assistantship through CERE should contact the CERE Director.