The Applied Neuromuscular Physiology Lab is always looking for volunteers, including study participants and helpers. Listed below are the various research projects that are currently open and enrolling participants. If you find a study that looks like a good fit for you, please email the study coordinator for more information.
Study Population: Apparently healthy adults 18-35 yrs old
Time Commitment: Four visits; 1-2 hrs each
Study Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
IRB Approval: IRB-20-310
Study Population: Apparently healthy adults 18 years and older
Time Commitment: Three visits; 60-90 min. per visit
- Paperwork: you will fill in a health questionnaire. This is to help us assure that there are no risks if you participate.
- Anthropometric measurements: we will measure your height, weight and muscle area.
- Balance testing: you will stand on a platform and we will measure how much you sway.
- Evoked contractions: by placing a stimulator on your head, we will elicit contractions of your forearm muscles. The procedure is painless and safe.
- Maximal contractions and reaction tasks: you will be asked to do maximal wrist flexions and extensions. In addition, we will measure your reaction capacity
Study Coordinator: email@example.com
IRB Approval: ED-19-71