Diversity Cord Project
Be an active part of making OSU a more inclusive and supportive place for diverse individuals. Commit to personal growth in understanding issues related to diversity and equity by participating in the College of Education and Human Sciences Diversity Cord Project.
How to earn your graduation cord:
- Open to College of Education and Human Sciences undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty and staff.
- Engagements are tracked through the “STW-CEHS Diversity Cord” Canvas page. You will be added to this Canvas page after completing the registration form.
- Complete eight diversity engagements, on or off campus. Engagements include guest lectures, performances and campus and community activities that give you an opportunity to learn about and engage with diverse people.
- Start during any year of your program; even seniors can join! You just need to complete eight engagements.
- Complete a brief summary and reflection and upload documentation for each engagement to earn your engagement points.
- Engagements that meet the criteria of developing knowledge of your understandings of diversity and equity will be approved by program administrators.
- Falsification of engagement records or documentation will result in removal from the program and is an Academic Integrity violation.
- Wear your cord on graduation day!