Skip to main content

Education and Human Sciences

Open Main MenuClose Main Menu

Student Information

Program Overview and Admissions Requirements


MS Research, Evaluation, Measurement and Statistics

PhD Research, Evaluation, Measurement and Statistics

Graduate Certificate in Program Evaluation

Graduate Certificate in Educational and Psychological Measurement

Graduate Certificate in Statistical Methods and Analyses in Education and Behavioral Sciences


Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do you offer online classes?

    We have recently converted all of our courses to an online format and will plan to offer courses in both an online and face-to-face format.

  • Where are the courses offered for the PhD program?

    Many core REMS courses are offered both in Stillwater and in Tulsa. There are REMS faculty at the OSU Stillwater and OSU Tulsa locations, full time. Advanced courses are primarily offered at the Stillwater location on a rotation schedule. See the REMS course rotation schedule for more information. 

  • Can I complete the PhD in Tulsa?

    Yes. There are many full-time and non-traditional students who complete their degree who live in Tulsa. These students should expect to travel to Stillwater one or two days a week during some semesters.

  • Where can I find information about cost of attendance for graduate students at OSU?

    Information about the cost of attendance at OSU, including tuition and fees can be found here.

  • What is a graduate assistant?

    A graduate assistant serves a support role for OSU faculty or administrators while completing their post-graduate education. A graduate assistant can assist with instructional responsibilities as a graduate teaching assistant (GTA) or with research responsibilities as a graduate research assistant (GRA). REMS graduate assistants may also be funded through the Center for Educational Research and Evaluation (CERE). Graduate assistants can also be employed by other university departments across campus (such as residence life or academic advising) in an entry-level capacity. Assistantships provide practical experience for graduate students, thus increasing their future employment options.

  • Are graduate assistantships available for REMS students?

    Yes. Assistantships may be offered through the Provost’s Office, the Vice-President for Student Affairs Office, REMS and CERE. Occasionally, assistantships will be offered through other offices on campus and/or through OSU-Tulsa. It is the intent of the REMS faculty to provide assistantships to full-time students not otherwise employed, but funding is not guaranteed.

  • How will I apply for an assistantship?

    Students who are interested in applying for an assistantship through the REMS program should contact the program coordinator to express their interest. Those interested in an assistantship through CERE should contact the director.


External Links


Educational Research and Evaluation Organizations


Educational Research and Evaluation Journals

Back To Top