Program Overview and Admissions Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer online classes?
We have recently converted all of our courses to an online format and will plan to offer courses in both an online and face-to-face format.
- Where are the courses offered for the PhD program?
Many core REMS courses are offered both in Stillwater and in Tulsa. There are REMS faculty at the OSU Stillwater and OSU Tulsa locations, full time. Advanced courses are primarily offered at the Stillwater location on a rotation schedule. See the REMS course rotation schedule for more information.
- Can I complete the PhD in Tulsa?
Yes. There are many full-time and non-traditional students who complete their degree who live in Tulsa. These students should expect to travel to Stillwater one or two days a week during some semesters.
- Where can I find information about cost of attendance for graduate students at OSU?
Information about the cost of attendance at OSU, including tuition and fees can be found here.
- What is a graduate assistant?
A graduate assistant serves a support role for OSU faculty or administrators while completing their post-graduate education. A graduate assistant can assist with instructional responsibilities as a graduate teaching assistant (GTA) or with research responsibilities as a graduate research assistant (GRA). REMS graduate assistants may also be funded through the Center for Educational Research and Evaluation (CERE). Graduate assistants can also be employed by other university departments across campus (such as residence life or academic advising) in an entry-level capacity. Assistantships provide practical experience for graduate students, thus increasing their future employment options.
- Are graduate assistantships available for REMS students?
Yes. Assistantships may be offered through the Provost’s Office, the Vice-President for Student Affairs Office, REMS and CERE. Occasionally, assistantships will be offered through other offices on campus and/or through OSU-Tulsa. It is the intent of the REMS faculty to provide assistantships to full-time students not otherwise employed, but funding is not guaranteed.
- How will I apply for an assistantship?
Educational Research and Evaluation Organizations
- American Evaluation Association (AEA)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Buros Center for Testing
- National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME)
- Psychometric Society
Educational Research and Evaluation Journals
- American Journal of Evaluation
- Applied Measurement in Education
- Applied Psychological Measurement
- Educational and Psychological Measurement
- Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice
- Journal of Applied Measurement
- Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics
- Journal of Educational Measurement
- Structural Equation Modeling