Applicants are evaluated on the following standards:
- Successful completion of a rigorous master’s degree program.
- Demonstration of superior writing skills.
- Indication of ability to conduct original research.
- Clearly articulated goals and objectives that are consistent with the desired degree option.
- Strong endorsement by professional references who can address applicant’s academic ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the field of specialization.
- Appropriate GRE score.
Leveling work and standards for technological competence:
Applicants must have appropriate educational background and experiences specified for degree option. Students will be expected to use technology resources appropriately in course projects, assignments and research. Admissions committees may stipulate that an applicant without particular educational background requirements complete additional prerequisite or leveling coursework.