Dietetic Internship Completion Requirements
To be eligible for Dietetic Internship verification to sit for the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) exam, OSU dietetic interns must meet specific criteria.
- Complete one of the following OSU graduate degree programs: M.S. in Nutritional Sciences or Master of Public Health (or have completed a comparable master's degree in a nutrition field from another institution before program acceptance)
- Successfully complete all rotation requirements, including receiving passing grades in the practicum courses NSCI 5412: Management, NSCI 5422: Clinical and NSCI 5432: Community
- Complete a minimum of 1200 hours of supervised practice experience
- Successfully meet all competencies as stated in the Dietetic Internship curriculum for each rotation, including completion of the required original projects for each rotation and all planned experiences
- Complete an exit interview with the Dietetic Internship director